Saturday, February 2, 2008

We're gettin there!


Kathy's got her site loaded to her new hosting provider, and now we are ready to make the switch. Looks like the domain name server (dns) propagation starts Monday. That's geek speak for telling the world we're on a different server. Still possible we could be down for a day or two, depending on what all I did wrong. You see, I'm a computer nerd, but not fully trained in web servers. So when we got our new dedicated server for Legends Of America, I was like a kid in a candy store.

Oooh...what does this button do? Hey check out this little software gadget. About 30 minutes into my exploration, Kathy was already squawkin to get the hell out of it. LOL, she was right, I had already done something I shouldn't, but tech support helped me get past it. Any way, we're excited to be at least this far in our change, and ready to get past all the geek crap and back to business.

We still hope to travel to Southern New Mexico middle of this month. Going to explore some ghost towns and have fun with the aliens. I'm sure we'll both have tales to tell soon. Which reminds me, think I'll write about one of my first adventures in the great outdoors with Kathy this week. All I'll say for now is that it produced one hell of an "outhouse" screen saver.

No comments: